Shanghai International Students Pre-college (SISP) is sponsored by Shanghai Education Committee and hosted by Shanghai Normal University (SHNU) for course design and delivery, and management.
The primary goal for SISP is to prepare students academically, linguistically and culturally for undergraduate studies in various subject areas offered by Shanghai-based universities. Backed by an experienced strong teaching team, SISP’s curriculum and courses are specifically tailor-made for the needs of international students. SISP is always ready to welcome applicants who wish to develop their academic potential in metropolitan Shanghai.
SISP is open to foreign nationals who wish to pursue undergraduate studies in Shanghai, and yet need to improve their Chinese language proficiency, cross-cultural communication competence and required academic abilities for undertaking undergraduate studies in Shanghai
SISP provides one-year full-time intensive courses, which are:
1st semester: intensive Chinese language and culture courses (30 class sessions per week);
2nd semester: intensive Chinese courses, Math, Business Chinese, Chinese culture courses and comprehensive science and humanities courses (30class sessions per week);
Extracurricular activities, including Chinese Corner, seminars, cultural immersion, etc.
SISP students are provided with on-campus accommodation with access to the Internet, public kitchen, laundry room, sports facilities, etc.
1) Application fee: RMB520 (non-refundable).
2) Tuition fee: RMB12,000/semester with discount (regular: RMB1,7000)
a. RMB50/person/day for a double room with A/C, Fridge, Reading desk, en-suite bathroom, public kitchen.
b. RMB100/person/day for a single room with A/C, Fridge, Reading desk, en-suite bathroom, public kitchen.
4) Comprehensive medical care insurance: RMB800/year
5) HSK test fee (if applicable)
SISP provides full scholarship to outstanding applicants. The SISP scholarship covers: tuition fee, accommodation fee, living allowance (RMB2,500 per month), comprehensive medical care insurance.
Outstanding SISP students have the priority to be granted Shanghai Government Scholarship (Type A or Type B) for their undergraduate studies at the host universities.
We also welcome applicants who may not get SISP Scholarship to study at SISP with self-sponsorship. And excellent graduates from SISP also enjoy the priority to be granted Shanghai Government Scholarship (Type A or Type B) for their undergraduate studies at the host universities.
SISP scholarship recipient will receive evaluation twice each semester. The scholarship will be terminated for the recipients who fail the evaluation or refuse to do the evaluation.
Excellent in study: GPA >3.6/4 (4.5/5、90/100 or A)
Applicants must meet the following criteria：
1. Foreign nationals
2. Age range: 18~23
3. Completed “Application Form for SISP”
4. Certified copy of secondary school graduation certificate and transcripts(fresh graduate may submit proof for possible graduation; notarized Chinese or English translated copy are required for non-Chinese or non-English documents)
5. Other certificates proving academic performance or social capabilities (notarized Chinese or English translated copy are required for non-Chinese or non-English documents)
6. Personal statement in no less than 800 words, stating personal strengths, reasons for choosing the course and study plan.
7. Photocopy of the passport
8. Two recommendation letters from your school teachers or experts (notarized Chinese or English translated copy are required for non-Chinese or non-English documents. The letter should indicate the occupation, post, contact information of the referee)
9. Two passport-size photos (38mm*51mm)
10. Application fee should be made to the host universities as required.
Applications should be made to the universities located in Shanghai which you intend to pursue your undergraduate studies, or directly to SISP.
Self-sponsored students at SISP with an outstanding academic performance at SISP will have the priority to apply for the Shanghai Government Scholarship (Type A or B), which will sponsor his/her four-year undergraduate study in the host university.
May 18th, 2018
The results will be communicated to the applicants at the end of June via e-mail. We will send out the Admission Letter and JW202 form (for visa application) in Mid-July.
The semester starts in mid-Sep, 2018. The exact date will be indicated at the Admission letter. All successful applicants must register at SHNU at the due date. Non-appearance at the registration date will lead to the cancellation of the scholarship.
Address：Room 204, International Students Center
Shanghai Normal University
International Students Center, 100 Guilin Road